Sunday, October 14, 2012

October Fun!! And a Freebie.


Here is a look at what we have been up to:
For the last few weeks we have been talking all about characters.  This seems like the perfect time of year to talk about character's feelings with all of the SCARY fall books!!
Here is a look a some of the books we read:
We learned about the "h brothers" ch, th, sh, and wh.
We practice building words with digraphs. 
 
 
 
You can find this activity in my CC Fall Literacy Pack!
We also practiced building digraph words with these fall cookies. 
I put one word in each bag and then numbered the bag.
I also made a list of all the words.
 
This activity can be purchaed here!!

We also practiced searching for words on our Word Wall. This page can be found in my School Themed Word Wall Pack.   


 
The students wrote about their favorite part of fall. 
Click here for a freebie!!


 


6 comments:

Halle said...

I LOVE your Word Wall practice sheet!! Great idea! Looks like you've been having tons of fabulous fall fun :)

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Mrs. Griffith said...

I absolutely love your word wall idea. I have a word wall center and this is a PERFECT way to practice the words!

Lindsay
For the Love of First Grade

Mrs. Griffith said...

Me again! You have been BOO-ed!! Head on over to my blog to see what that means!

Lindsay
For the Love of First Grade

Molly Wiard said...

LOVE the character anchor chart with common core standards! Do you have pictures of other charts you have made like this?

Tamera Wilson said...

I'm having a giveaway!
Stop by soon to enter!
:)
Tamera
My Heart Belongs in First

http://www.myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com/2012/11/polka-dot-birdie-giveaway.html

First Grade Carousel said...

I am new to the blog world. I love reading others' blogs. I am just learning how to post items. I haven't figured out how to post pictures and things I create, but I will. I am looking for teachers who would like to participate in an exchange project. Please visit my blog to find out more ~ http://firstgradecarousel.blogspot.com/
Maria