Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Rain, Back to School Favorites, and a Sale

My summer final started on FRIDAY!!  I was so excited for a few weeks off.  I was looking forward to running, swimming, pool time, and maybe a day trip or two to the beach!!
 
But. . . . instead this is the view near my patio.   It has been raining all day.  
 
 
 
 
So. . . I decided it might be time for a little planning for next.  I'm joining in on Flying into First Grade's 4th of July sale. 
 
If you are in the mood for a little shopping you can check out my store HERE!!! 


 
Here are a few of my back to school favorites!!
 
Spin a Sight Word
I love this activity for sight word review!  Students use a paperclip to spin and graph the word it lands on. 
 
You can also have the students write the word each time.
 
 
  Story Sequence and Story Structure

 I love using these to help my students retell stories.  I use them doing whole group, small group, and I also copy them to put in my Work on Writing center.  
 
Story Sequences helps students retell stories using First, Next, Then, and Last.
 
Story Structure helps students retell the beginning, middle, and end.   And name the characters, setting, problem, and solution.
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Barbie said...

This is not the weather we usually have this time of year!! I am so sick of the rain, too!! Have a great summer!

Really Roper