Sunday, September 23, 2012

Common Core Fall Literacy 1st Grade - FREEBIE!!

I just uploaded a new FALL pack to TPT!!  Here are some pictures of some of the activities you'll find inside!!

FS 1.3Building Words with Digraphs – Students will build th and sh words. 

FS 1.3Decoding Words with Inflectional Endings – Students will practice covering the ending sound to read the base word. 
L 1.6Fall Vocabulary – Students will practice using words they will hear or read in Fall themed stories.
L 1.2Sentence Sort – Students will practice adding correct punctuation to sentences.  Includes 3 of the 4 types of sentences.

Comprehension Activities:

The following activities should be used during your whole group or mini lesson.  I have included cards for you to laminate, cut out, and place in a bag.  Here are some examples. 


Place each set in a bag and label it with the objective. After reading a story you can choose a bag that matches your story and students can pull a card and recall information from the story.

one sample activity: cards and recording sheet

The Fall Literacy unit includes activities like you see above for each of these standards:
RI 1.2 and RL 1.2Story Recall- Students will practice recalling details from the stories you read to them or the stories they read.

RL 1.3Describe the Characters – Students will practice recalling details about the characters. 

Character Feelings:

Sample of the activities included to help students think about how characters feel in the story.

Feeling Objectives:  
RL 1.3 - Character Feelings – Students will think about how the character feels in the story.

RL 1.7Feeling Words – Students will find feeling words in books

If you are interesed in this unit you can check it out HERE!!

I will give away one copy tomorrow evening, to win you must comment below with your email address.  I will randomly choose a winner based!! 



aes17 said...

This looks amazing! I would love to win!

loularkin said...

What a great unit! I also use Houghton Mifflin so I love your units.

Meghan0121 said...

Such a great unit. Would love to get my hands on this! Very helpful having each standard planned out.

Marcy said...

I am loving what I see!

absees123s said...

This looks wonderful!! WOW! I would love to win this! :O)


Mrs. Wheeler said...

So awesome!!!! I love that it's all CC-based!!!!!
Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful! I hope I win this awesome unit!

katy said...

I loved that you based your activities to the common core. It will make planning so much easier.

ashleemccormick said...

This looks like such an amazing pack!


Maria said...

Looks awesome!

Jenn said...

Amazing unit! I would love to win this item!

Stephanie Livers said...

Fabulous resource for Common Core with a fall theme! Thank you!

Sean and Rachel said...

LOVE your work! Thanks for connecting it all with CC as well. Fingers crossed.

The Primary Patch said...

Looks like another great one!

Barbara said...

Pick me, Pick me,....
Love this!

Loving it in first said...

This looks awesome, love the fall theme. So much to teach, it never feels like there is enough time. I appreciate your hard work.

Jan said...

Love all your Fall activities- the CCSS correlations are an added bonus! Add me to the list of hopeful winners:-)

Lori said...

I love your unit!

Laurie Cravey said...

I hope I win this AWESOME unit!

Jane said...

This is darn cute! Hope I win!

Meggers said...

LOVE this!

Delighted said...

Everything you make is so adorable! Common Core ... gotta lot it. :-)

Delighted said...

Everything you make is so adorable! Common Core ... gotta lot it. :-)

Stacey said...

Wow, that is so creative. My first graders would love to do their writing with the fall icons.
Thank You,

Lori Rosenberg said...

Looks like you worked extremely hard on this activity pack. I just love all the fun activities!

ΡΌ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter