Sunday, September 23, 2012

Common Core Fall Literacy 1st Grade - FREEBIE!!

 
I just uploaded a new FALL pack to TPT!!  Here are some pictures of some of the activities you'll find inside!!

FS 1.3Building Words with Digraphs – Students will build th and sh words. 
 





FS 1.3Decoding Words with Inflectional Endings – Students will practice covering the ending sound to read the base word. 
 
L 1.6Fall Vocabulary – Students will practice using words they will hear or read in Fall themed stories.
 
L 1.2Sentence Sort – Students will practice adding correct punctuation to sentences.  Includes 3 of the 4 types of sentences.


Comprehension Activities:

The following activities should be used during your whole group or mini lesson.  I have included cards for you to laminate, cut out, and place in a bag.  Here are some examples. 

 

  
 
Place each set in a bag and label it with the objective. After reading a story you can choose a bag that matches your story and students can pull a card and recall information from the story.
 
  


one sample activity: cards and recording sheet
 


The Fall Literacy unit includes activities like you see above for each of these standards:
 
RI 1.2 and RL 1.2Story Recall- Students will practice recalling details from the stories you read to them or the stories they read.

RL 1.3Describe the Characters – Students will practice recalling details about the characters. 

Character Feelings:


Sample of the activities included to help students think about how characters feel in the story.

Feeling Objectives:  
RL 1.3 - Character Feelings – Students will think about how the character feels in the story.

RL 1.7Feeling Words – Students will find feeling words in books

If you are interesed in this unit you can check it out HERE!!


I will give away one copy tomorrow evening, to win you must comment below with your email address.  I will randomly choose a winner based!! 


 

26 comments:

aes17 said...

This looks amazing! I would love to win!
amysponn@gmail.com

Unknown said...

What a great unit! I also use Houghton Mifflin so I love your units.
Jennifer
loularkin@comcast.net

Meghan0121 said...

Such a great unit. Would love to get my hands on this! Very helpful having each standard planned out. mhernandez@mail.bradley.edu

Marcy said...

I am loving what I see!
Marcy
marcy_sundling@hotmail.com

absees123s said...

This looks wonderful!! WOW! I would love to win this! :O)

absees123s@gmail.com

Cindi

Mrs. Wheeler said...

So awesome!!!! I love that it's all CC-based!!!!!

meganwheeler44@yahoo.com
Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful! I hope I win this awesome unit!
Tara
taralynwvu@msn.com

katy said...

I loved that you based your activities to the common core. It will make planning so much easier.

cmischler@bex.net

ashleemccormick said...

This looks like such an amazing pack!

-Ashlee
ashleemccormick@ymail.com

Maria said...

Looks awesome!
Maria
meemsickle@gmail.com

Jenn said...

Amazing unit! I would love to win this item!
Jenb1874@hotmail.com
Jennifer

Stephanie Livers said...

Fabulous resource for Common Core with a fall theme! Thank you!

stephanie.livers@gmail.com

Sean and Rachel said...

LOVE your work! Thanks for connecting it all with CC as well. Fingers crossed.
-Rachel
mrs.edwards2{at}gmail{dot}com

The Primary Patch said...

Looks like another great one!
primarypatch@gmail.com

Barbara said...

Pick me, Pick me,....
Love this!
bharmor@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome, love the fall theme. So much to teach, it never feels like there is enough time. I appreciate your hard work.
Alicia
Aliciachapman10@yahoo.com

Jan said...

Love all your Fall activities- the CCSS correlations are an added bonus! Add me to the list of hopeful winners:-)
Jan
jcatotti@aol.com

Lori R said...

I love your unit!
lraines78@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I hope I win this AWESOME unit!

Jane said...

This is darn cute! Hope I win!
~Jane
rsmiramo@smsd.org

Meggers said...

LOVE this!

Delighted said...

Everything you make is so adorable! Common Core ... gotta lot it. :-)

imgoingfirst@gmail.com

Delighted said...

Everything you make is so adorable! Common Core ... gotta lot it. :-)

imgoingfirst@gmail.com

Stacey said...

Wow, that is so creative. My first graders would love to do their writing with the fall icons.
Thank You,
Stacey
Bocalopez2003@gmail.com

Lori Rosenberg said...

Looks like you worked extremely hard on this activity pack. I just love all the fun activities!


Ѽ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Nicki Minaz said...

This is very fruitful lesson for practicing.I loved reading the article. Appreciate your effort towards amazing teaching style. You've done a lot of work on this and it shows.I appreciate the amount of research on topic 4 Types of Sentences is amazing .I will recommend to watch your blog