Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Feed the Puppies -- Before they go MAD!! - PRINTABLE






This week we are learning about BOSSY R!! 

We started off by making a popcorn art activity. 

Next we did several word sorts including this popcorn words matching activity.

You can download a sample here!

Today we learned -- Bossy R like in: er, ur, and ir

I wrote a book that I read to my students!! 

They really enjoyed the book.  Next they did a Read the Hall activity where they went in to the hall in search of ER words.  Since all first graders are working on the same skill -- we save resources and create one copy to post in the HALL!!  The students love this idea, and surprisingly they behave during the search. 

You can purchase the BOOK and word search acitivity here!

Yesterday during guided reading with one of my groups one of the students said, "ER, like a MAD Dog!"  ---  I thought!!  WOW you're right.  This inspired me to rush home to create this word sort.  Since the week is almost over I will most likely use it for practice in guided reading this week and next week!!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for sharing this! Love it! We've been working on Bossy R too. I just posted about it today!
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas said...

I love this game, thank you so much for sharing!
~Fern
Fern-Smith.Blogspot.com

Amy C said...

We are working on this skill for the next two weeks. Thank you!